Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two Out Of Three


Forgot to mention, my Youth had a picnic brunch event at the Lake Gardens last Saturday. Nearly everyone made sandwiches, and I actually ate egg sandwich there. I thought I hated egg sandwiches. It was lots of fun, with plenty of walking and running about, thanks to the well-planned treasure hunt. My enthusiastic team members brought in the gold. =) Oh, running. How I've missed it. Even if it's just a run in the park, it makes me feel more alive, always.

Today, I was up at 7.50 a.m. to bring my mom for yet another medical appointment. And after lunch, I started journeying to pick Kok Loong up from Monash. All by my ownty-downty self. And then I got lost.

Kok Loong had texted : DUN go into the housing area.
I'd accidentally read : DEN go into the housing area.

> <'' So, very deliberately, I turned into the residential section and calmly pulled into an empty parking slot to tell him that I'd gotten myself lost. All by my ownty-downty self. So much for that phrase being a triumphant gloat, ahaha.

Made it to Monash by using common sense, 'cause the map didn't seem very effective on me. I know, never go on a road trip with me as navigator, aye? *Sniff* We did a few circuits around Subang, then I went up the ramp into Sunway Pyramid's carpark. And me being me, I made us enter the mall "to make use of the one hour we're paying for", which eventually stretched to more than an hour. This shopaholic needs to be stopped! Ahaha. Didn't buy anything today, but even window shopping was rather addictive.

It was 4 p.m. and I couldn't resist the peckish feeling that's part of my upbringing - my father used to shower ourselves with tidbits and treats all the time. Lined up for doughnuts at J.Co and tried to ignore the little girl staring straight up at me for some unknown reason, like I had toilet paper shoved up my nose. She had shiny huge pink baubles on her own head; go look in the mirror! >D Then we sauntered over to the Asian Avenue for Yokomon ice-creams. Strawberry was too soft and foamy for my liking, but their Dark Chocolate rocks fair enough.

It was getting late, so we left the real shopping for another day. Got caught in one of Subang's notorious traffic jams. Was so stiff sitting behind the wheel, I actually got butt-sore. Lol. Reached the Sri Hartamas Taylors campus at 6.20 p.m.. They were officially closed, but the security let us in to speak with the one remaining employee. Turns out, I was much too early for the June/July intake. They hadn't even published the relevant subject combinations!
And oh, for all my 7 A1's, it is considered equivalent to 10 A's and only gives me a measly RM1000 off. Lol, I'd take it, if it means I'm allowed to spend that 1k on clothes and trinkets instead! =P

Do Subang and Sunway, check.
Talk to Taylors personnel, check.
Service car... *ran out of time*.

That makes 2 out of 3.




Just a lot of a little, I miss those ripples.



And tomorrow it'll be another full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment