Friday, March 6, 2009

Shelter Us. Please.


At first she couldn't remember to take her own medication.
I took over, memorising the timings like how I'd for a school exam..

Then she asked me the day and date, five times in a single hour.
My patience flagged; I nearly snapped at her.

Soon after, she lost all comprehension. Even a simple query like "What would you like for lunch?" made no sense to her. And she's been "mango"-ing me since the moment I woke up this morning. "Mangoes" are worrying her.
"Mangoes" are making me anxious, too. Whatever they are, I wish I could hurl them out the window.

Now her lip is bleeding, swollen to three times its original size, the work of her own unconscious gnawing.
And there is nothing I can do.

All I ask is for You to shelter us, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment