Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shirtsleeves


Yesterday was Hari Anugerah Cemerlang (HAC). The chairs were dusty as usual and I'd forgotten how long it would take to get to the part where I'd actually receive my cert onstage. As a result, my father had to sit two hours through the ceremony before having to leave for work. And I was still waiting for my cert. Well, I'm still happy he was there. =)

Strangely enough, the majority of my friends don't know what my father looks like.
Or they've forgotten.



So here he is; and I with him.
Yes, my whole family is short. I should probably be happy I'm of kinda-average height. =D


This HAC was special 'cause it was the only one in which the 3OfUs attended together as recipients.
Usually they're there as part of the choir while I sit on my chair and watch them sing. Ahaha.



~~'nett~~Nic~~Ju~~


Vivian was with us, too. Did us a favour by taking the photo above.
We four slipped out the back, past the coolest History teacher alive, Mr. Sritharan. He's totally chill; walks into class and out using the back door. AND he dispenses tips like a malfuntioned Coke machine!



Killing time by hanging out on the corridor by the fish pond.
Nicole : Everyone, bend down a bit! Okay, the timer is on!!
*Runs and squeezes in*



SMKTTDI's choir.
It was to Ju and 'nett what marching was to me.
Or so I think. They did seem to love it a lot.



Dressed all '70s for a rendition of Mamma Mia!



GuyWithTheBigHair.



She's so happy she got away with stealing The Big Hair.



What you get for scoring 6A's and above :
A certificate - In a file - With a plaque
And an envelope with cash in it. Mine held 50 bucks.



Sean and his mighty blinding plaque.
*If you shine it at me one more time, Imma hunt your precious DSLR and bury it!!*



Though I must say, the PMR plaque was much prettier than this SPM's one!


Then, at night... it was Happy Earth Hour.


I'd been looking forward to it, but it turned out to be such a rush job for me due to certain complications at home. Did manage to off all switches on time, though. And light the candles.



I marvelled at the plans some had made for Earth Hour;
Wanted nothing more than to just walk around and see which houses still had their lights on, ahah.

But I couldn't.

So I settled for soaking in the night air on my swing, after doing the chores.
It would never have done to stay indoors on a night like that.
(Especially with the fan off, I mean.) =P

It was good seeing Malaysia's inaugural effort in this movement kicking off succesfully. We can expect it to gain momentum in the following years.


_______________________________________________



Today wasn't the best;
I was a little down in the dumps in the afternoon,
feeling hateful and small and downright selfish.


I miss my soulmate.


Reading about our longest day out together, it lifted the ends of my mouth spontaneously.
This is the reason I write.
That I may not forget,
that I may heal and find forgiveness within me,
that I might embrace trial,
and find myself,
time and time again.



And then I wrote a little something for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment