Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tie My Tie, Please?



This blogger is going off to work in little more than 14 hours! Goodbye, sweet leisure. Farewell, doing-whatever-I-feel-like-today. I am now bound by my work schedule at TTDI's Kumon centre.



4 days a week.
And if the workload's tremendous, employees shall be called upon to work on Wednesdays too.
They'll start me on simply marking papers first, based on answer sheets.


Cons :
It's cold; I'll have to buy more jackets. (Lol, I think I've just turned that into a pro.)
Also, the starting pay is low. But it'll increase as my capability is proven. (And I
shall prove it.)


Pros :
Shoes are not allowed inside the centre, which means I get to walk around just how I like it; barefooted.
And needless to say, working at Kumon also brings me into contact with children. =)


On the day of my walk-in interview, I also checked out the parking rates.



After snapping this photo, I got summoned by the security guard, who happened to be Indian. I was rather shocked at his assumption that I was too suspicious of him to ask him about the rates.

He kept barking, "You ingat saya tipu eh??"

The incident left me a little downcast; just because I'm Chinese and you're not... doesn't mean I have anything against you, dei.
I was just being logical, hahah; knowing I'd probably forget bits of what he'd tell me.
Since when did logic constitute racism?



Ah, well.
To mark the day before my first-ever job, I made it a point to catch even more movies.
Gah, Confessions Of A Shopaholic is being released tomorrow!
Awesome timing weii. - -'

For the third day in a row, I spent time with Yann.
*No, I'm not sick of you. Probably 'cause I'm already immune to you, hahah.*

We had a pleasant, jumbled lunch; bought
banana pie,
2 boxes of sushi,
crinkle cut fries and
sandwiches - tuna and *ecK* egg.
(I abandoned my egg sandwich.)

Took all of those, and got seated in the Chicken Rice Shop thanks to my craving for Pai Tee. I just couldn't stop talking about it; so I guess Yann wanted to shut me up. =>



Strangely enough, Jaya Jusco gave us a plastic bag that condemns its own existence.
It's like joining the Interact Club without any intention of interacting with anyone.

Time was ticking rather too quickly, so we upped and left the ripoff Chicken shop with the intention of smuggling sushi into the cinema - again. It's our specialty. =P

First movie was Gone Shopping, which I thought was by Jack Neo. But it definitely wasn't him; not up to par with his standards. It felt incomplete, though with its fair share of laughs. It was alright, but not very satisfactory.

Dragonball, however, was one cool flick. Special effects were well executed, and they didn't try to stretch the movie but instead, made it short and sweet. Smart move, I say.
The ending of Gone Shopping ate into Dragonball's showtime, so it had us sprinting through the carpark and up the escalator again. And we still missed the beginning. Ridiculous.
I don't mind watching it again, though. XD



OU's happy corner.
Wonder why I've never come across it before.

Spent 20 tokens in the arcade. I smacked the air hockey puck right off the table!
And kept scoring goals for my opponent, lol.
Really, it's been too long. Almost six years.



*Commercial break*
___________________________________________________________




Dashboard.
Taking a swig before leaving Pyramid.



Something pretty that caught my eye in the Lake Gardens.



Yokomon ice-creams, to add to the Mega Pink Smackdown.


________________________________________________________

*Back to today's programme*


These words tumbled out onto paper when I reached home.


And maybe you did recognise
The necklace I wore today.
You were the one who pointed it out;
When I'd hardly have given it a second thought.

And I know you chose to roll the dice...
In muted fear, I faced our parting of ways.
Those hours passed in light and shadow,
Conviction in me; I was ready to go.

Retracted my loyalty; all care and support.
On my own feet, I rose to the top.



Baby got back again.



No comments:

Post a Comment