Saturday, June 20, 2009

Future Pending


One precious week left 'til I bundle off to further pursue my studies.
My only honest wish besides coping well with my academics? To find a good bunch of mates like my best friend has. They're just as nice as she's painted them to be.

Went for enrollment today, with my father. He was unusually late. And now I'm starting to realise that his driving is scary. And most uneconomical. He collects speed furiously, leaves brakes to the last two heartbeats, swerves and overtakes like a road demon. And all these years I was the princess enjoying the sway of the car, looking out with laughing eyes from the backseat at alll the other slowpokes. I used to aspire to drive just like him. Now we can all say Omg. And I've had my second thought, aye. After all, I'm not the one who's driven seven hours without stopping, on the regular. Now I only want half of his expertise. LoL.

Bumped into a mate he'd known since 7. With the same surname as us! Hehe. Apparently, he was there for his son's parent-teachers meeting. Anyway, after I'd settled the signatures and accepted the freebies... I felt great. *Not because of the freebies!* I just felt that I'd chosen the right place, after all those scattered moments of doubt and anxiety.





O pretty woman, where art thou? I'm still unsuccessfully looking for a
simple,
non-voluminous
knee-length skirt;
preferably light and dainty.

The stretch waistband double-layer chiffon skirts offered on blogshops now really appeal to me, except for their length. Or rather, lack of it.



Last but not least... I baked my first cake! And I only used my birthday handheld mixer when I realised I'd never be able to whip all that yellow, buttery sludge into something "light and fluffy" as instructed. Heck, my right arm was already tingling into numbness at that stage. And so my first cake was born. It wasn't inedible; isn't that marvellous? XD

Only thing is... my oven is much too hot compared to others, so I despaired and saved it too early, reasoning that I'd rather have a too-moist cake than a burnt, you-just-wasted-two-or-three-hours-on-this cake.

So my chocolate pound cake wasn't pound-ish at all - not dense enough. I dedicated it to Jaf (to make up for nothing from Jonker Street) and promptly encased the first slice in a container for him. And then found out he was vacationing in Langkawi. How sweet. - -' I wasn't up for making extra deliveries either, so my mom and I ate most of it.

Next up, a passion fruit sponge cake? *Drool*


No comments:

Post a Comment