Friday, June 26, 2009

Roll Out. The Dough.



Did I mention I watched the Transformers sequel before its opening date?

But oh, I did. All it took was an unwitting answering of a phone call, and next, I thought I was in for a treat, that my friend had won a contest or something and was sharing the free tix with me. Load of horseradish.

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen was never high on my list of must-watch movies, and I'd reckoned on letting the hardcore fans swarm the cinemas first and I'd be a lagger watching just to see if it was any good.

Tickets were going 3-ringgit cheaper at Tropicana City Mall, so my mates had made reservations there. Which was just as well, given that I wouldn't have liked forking out RM13 to sit through a very long and draggy explosion-fest. That was basically it. The clash of metal against metal, the vengeful rattling of bullets, a momentary lull for slight comic relief or romance... then the crashes start invading your ears again.

To be charitable, I'll concede that there were some stunningly seamless transformations taking place, on top of the very cool machines near the start. I put this flick on par with its predecessor, in that I wouldn't choose to watch either one again. Departures sounds good to me, though. A closeup on the life of an embalmer? Curious.





Note : The new header is based on a fairytale theme, because I couldn't bypass the aforesaid quality of the castle overlooking a dreamy body of water. Most importantly, the image selected is the work of my brother, photographed in France. Not the sister-from-another-set-of-parents I have in Giovana, but my own
flesh-and-blood brother. Pretty, isn't it? =)



No comments:

Post a Comment