Monday, June 15, 2009

Brief Getaway : Part Two



To continue where I left off...




A bed of flowers.




To our surprise, we wound up at the edge of Jonker Street!
Awesome.




All we wanted was some ice-cold 'cendol' to counter the rivers of sweat we'd produced.




During our quest, we beheld this attention-grabbing display.
Actually it was me who slipped in to "just see how much it was worth".




Then we all impulsively bought one each, just like the mindless consumers that vendors love.




A non-alcoholic fruit drink.




They come in delicious combinations :
Apple + Peach
Apple + Lemon
Apple + Guava
Apple + Passionfruit




Best served chilled.




Spot the fake.




Having been on our feet the whole afternoon.




The 'cendol' they'd been looking for.
They kindly ordered one for me without knowing that...
I
don't eat 'cendol'. Ahah.




I have a problem with the red beans and santan flavour.




'Gula melaka' no enough.




And that concludes Part One (the Malacca bit) of my getaway.




The very night after my return, I stayed 2 nights at my father's. It felt like a mini-vacation, 'cause I didn't have to wash dishes or do the laundry or... anything that a maid could do!





(My TTDI dressing table)
Part of the telephone wire hairtie collection I've amassed.




Some very furry creature on the garden wall.




A Persian cat! =)




Now I remember, I've often seen it dozing atop the neighbour's retro car.




Cat eyes.




Looking into the dining room.




The view.
Uhm. I wanna thank God that I'm not thaaat short as to make it my view.




My father tends to the garden himself.
Over here, he is seen gazing at his grape vines.




Healthy and on the way to be right for picking!



Baby grapes look rather like nostril hairs.




Thus, it's really encouraging to see them turn out like something usually seen in a supermarket!




Papa at the main entrance.




Couldn't resist buying that ballerina bottle.
Its' figures are pretty, and the scribblings upon it are legible and sensible!
But that's the last bottle I'm buying, really.


No comments:

Post a Comment