Friday, February 27, 2009

A Fool For You


Drove to Taman Megah first thing in the morning, to stock up at the bake shop. I'm a regular customer at Chang Thung Sdn. Bhd. =] After a few more minor delays (like picking up milk and jam from my fridge), I finally parked in Naj's front porch and hauled my stuff in. Her smile wiped out my irritation of being late. =) Okay, cut it out. Ahahahah.

Aaaaanyway, first things first. She graciously cut me a slice of her latest bake (she's rather new to it still) - a slim-looking square iced in bright pink. A cake made without baking. *Oh wow, I've never had one of those...*
So I took a bite. It tasted pretty good.
And then she asked me to guess what type of cake it was.


Nicole : Err, gelatin cake?
(Since the icing was made of gelatin)


Najjua : No, cheese cake.


*Cake drops onto the plate*
*Silence ensues*


Her eyes searched my face and *click!* she suddenly remembered how much
I.don't.eat.cheesecake.

Probably her mind went like "Oh, crap. Now she's gonna spit it out."




But I didn't! I'd already eaten half the slice, anway. And I'm proud to announce that, after all these years of hating cheesecakes...
(the way they smell, taste and fEEl)
Today I ate one.
The whole one slice.
For you, babe.


Okay, not so drama la. Probably it was 'cause it didn't taste like cheesecake in the first place. Ahahaha.
So you can consider it a succesful failure!
Or a failed success. Whichever rocks your boat.
*Naj would rather throw rocks at my head*



Then we yakked. After saving her butt from being stained by cat pee on her bench, we settled down in her room. I think it's the best place to spend quality time in her house 'cause downstairs, her maid is always calling or something else happens. *Grunts*

When lunch was over, we discovered I'd forgotten to bring butter. So we readied ourselves to buy some from the shops. Just down the road, anyway.
There was a car blocking my car and I didn't feel like bothering it again. So, knowing me, I persuaded her to take a walk. (The first thing I should've said No to.)
And I also let her little brother come along with us. (The second thing I should've said No to.)

He traipsed ahead of us, fooling around with the umbrella we'd brought along; a little lad with a head as large as a boulder (and just as hard; he wouldn't need a helmet on a construction site), and long limbs like sticks, making him look like some queer, alien-ish cutie. For his features are indeed rather handsome. He's gonna grow up to be a playboy, this one.

Halfway down the road, the car that was previously blocking MINE, had the nerve to draw up and offer us a lift to the shops. The NERVE of you!! But of course we accepted. =P

There weren't any blocks of butter on sale. So we bought the one remaining pack of little packaged butter; the ones they serve with hot rolls in restaurants. Exxxpensive. Worse still, a shower was well underway when we exited.
The good news : I didn't say No to Naj bringing an umbrella.
Was that the only smart thing I did today? =S

So I folded my long pants up to my knees like a jakun and we crowded beneath the umbrella. With the way she held it, I think only my head stayed dry. Oh, and to make sure M.amad (the lil bro) didn't get run over by a car, she told him to "Hold Aunty Igor's hand. Aunty Igor, over there! *points at me* "

I still wonder how Kakak Nicole became Aunty Igor.


You watch out, Aunty Igor gonna launch a missile and cause mass destruction to your tiny lil new iPod. Oh wait, it's not even yours. You wish! Muahahaha.


The rain must change the way our neurones interact, because after crossing just one road, I looked down to check on my little Nephew M.amad. I should've thought to check on my hand as well, 'cause he'd brought it to his face and was smiling at it. Much too closely. As he looked up and I saw the flash of his dark eyes, I noticed the string of drool issuing from behind his white teeth. And the string joined to my hand. YucK?!! He'd been rubbing his teeth onto the back of my hand! Or something equally gross. But we quickly became intoxicated with laughter and I let the raindrops wash the slime away. Not that I had a choice. I'm telling you, only my head stayed dry. =P

Since we were walking up the wrong road and the wrong road happened to be Yann's road, we stopped by hoping for a ride home. (C'mon, it was only one street away!) But that evil woman only gave us two more umbrellas and a cheeky grin. - -'''
Two umbrellas, probably 'cause she was feeling kind.
And a cheeky grin, possibly 'cause she'd caught me in my moment of jakun-ness. Arghh, Yaaannnnnn!!



After that, our scones turned out pretty well for all that effort. And her father forgot to leave his carkeys behind for me to move it, so I couldn't leave 'cause his car was blocking. What is this; Block-My-Car Day? Ish. Got home at 7.30 p.m.. What a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment