Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You Are Great!


Jogging was on the agenda again, yesterday. Only, Naj and I were both feeling poorly so we decided to just walk. What amazes (and amuses) me is whenever the both of us get together, we are rendered perfectly incapable of shutting up. There was no crowd in the park that day, at 9 a.m. and the jogging track seemed neverending, but neither of us cared.

What happened to "We'll go to the Curve at 10"?
10.30 found us still seated on the playground, yakking like there was no tomorrow. And am I the only one who uses the word 'yakking'? =(

Went back to her place which I was entering for the first time. I loved that there was good use of mirrors, and decor in unexpected places that made it feel all cosy and lived-in. Yup, I do wish my house could be like that.
Chilled in her bedroom, which is surprisingly spacious for a space meant to be shared by three girls. Finally, at 1, we split to shower. Even the folding door of her bathroom is pretty! I am officially envious.
I picked out her outfit but she ended up wearing something altogether different. Like a girl on TV, she changed half a dozen times! Hahaha.

Upon reaching Curve, we wanted to do several things but settled for appeasing my grumbling tummy first. Lunched at Superbowl, where we made up our minds about what to eat and then snuck a peek at what the other was pointing at : both fingers pointed at the exact same thing! And before that, we'd even said "I don't like asam" at the exact.same.time!! Ugh, I sound so prep-girlish, but the soulmate-ness was insane. XD

Then we shared for sweets at Party World. I still love Nerds!! Gift shopping for Haz and Fana was unsuccessful; everything nice in Curve was above budget. And all the while we talked and talked, always arm in arm. That is, 'til I got a little cramped and had to s-t-r-e-t-c-h, hahah. We also strolled into the pet store next to Popular. There was only one dog which I found fascinating to watch - the white terrier that looked just like a live toy, bouncing about. It was the most expensive fellow over there, second only to Najjua's favourite RARE black chow chow. They look like lion dogs to me. Hm. Saw some pretty snakes, and I gave in to temptation and stroked the tailfeather of a cockatoo or wtv that colourful bird was called. It was sticking out of its cage! And then I had to cover for Naj while she went preying on the poor angelfish, trying to touch its fin. I'm telling ya, we humans are dirty! We'll pollute the water with out dead skin if we dip our hand in! But nooo, she persisted and at last got her wish granted. I hurried her out to the nearest washroom but that psychotic woman didn't want to wash her hand 'cause she'd just touched an EXOTIC FISH!@ Hahahah.

Sometime during that, I found out that some smartass in college had switched my darling 'nett's phone memory card with his. Disaster much! He'd better not see anything he shouldn't weii. She's all grown up now, can give him a good telling off if needed, I reckon. Otherwise, she'll always have me to step in at a moment's notice. What a sneaky brat! Just coming from a private school doesn't give you any right to manipulate the others, alright? Sheesh.

The main objective of the outing was somehow the last bit we got down to. Casting a critical eye over each other, we announced ourselves ready to follow up on my Borders job; and for her new job application. Even filling in her form was funny, 'cause she had to ask me what her religion was. And we dithered over what to write for her "unable to work on Saturday & Sunday". It was 'cause of me, I had church. But a Muslim couldn't very well put 'church', could she? LOL. The guy behind the counter got drawn in, and turns out he's from TTDI as well. Syaza's ex sumore. Fuyoh.

On the upper floor, we browsed 'til it got late. We left at 6, walking down The Street. It was drizzling, so I began to ask
"Do you know the song-"
"-Raindrops keep falling on my head~~" she started singing,
fading to a mumble 'cause she didn't know the other words and neither did I. Then she :

"Okay, start again. 1, 2... 1, 2, 3."

Three times we tried, bursting out in helpless laughter. We were so tired, more of hanging onto each other for support than walking arm in arm now. To the diners safe under shelter, we were a couple of jean-clad girls looking bright but worn out, and singing in the rain. Priceless.
It's as though I've found, once again, the crazy to complement my calm; the wild to my cautious. We fit like a jigsaw puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment