Friday, April 10, 2009

Seek And Destroy


Wednesday :
My final photoshoot with Yann. We kept it simple, as opposed to our previous one. No lugging around of heavy hardcovers, no gingerly transfering numerous outfit changes from wardrobe to car, and no boxes and boxes of accessories to complement aforesaid outfits - which weren't even utilised, by the way.



Here she is, seen with my most precious collection of classic novels. Katy, Anne, The Little Women... all in her hands.
And then unceremoniously chucked into her car boot. =(



Her mission : To Seek and Destroy.

What else?
It's Yann, after all. I first knew her as a first-class annoyance and relentless (though mild-mannered) bully.

Oh, those weren't all the books we used. She filched two piles of hardcovers from her father's book cabinet, and we spent hours arranging them on my father's lawn, on the dining table, and on the stairs.
Yes, I sat among ants like I wanted nothing more than to read the words with them;
and I climbed onto the dining table as though I needed more light from the chandelier overhead;
and I reposed on the steps as if it wouldn't hurt my back to read there for hours.
To top it off, we did a bonus shot on the white rug, which stuck to my favourite shorts like a giler-shedding dog.

This last photoshoot was good. The location was TTDI's Taman Kiara, and the process was tiring but we got some satisfactory shots!
There was lots of monkeying around on rocks, grass and water features.
Note : My aunt spotted a black cobra in that park, about to cross the jogging track ahead of her. So please be wary the next time you drop by.

That same night, I resolved to go for a movie as I've been meaning to for weeks. Only, we didn't manage to catch Fast&Furious4 OR Shopaholic. =( Too many couples dating! Gah.
So we watched
Knowing instead. It had a pretty gripping storyline, and was significantly creepy at times, but I was so disappointed at the ending where it turned out to be just another sci-fi. I hate sci-fi's.

_________________________________________________


Today was the second time in the week I took leave early from work. Don't think I'll be doing it again for the rest of my job duration. That's 1 month plus for you.

I left early mainly because I was on duty in church that night, but I also took the opportunity to meet up with my Lynette for a quick jog and even quicker clicking of tongues.


I brought her to check out the Taman Rimba Kiara, which I've never really seen before.



Turned out to be rather deserted except for a bunch of Indian boys. I rather regretted my choice of destination when they started calling out derogatory terms to which we - for what else was to be done? - showed complete oblivion, with a sliver of distaste for good measure.
We talked all the more, to show them we didn't have time to listen to their nonsense.



Slightly picturesque.
Many benches, to cater to...
nobody.



Penny for your thoughts, babe.



'nett and I slapped mosquitoes off each other all the time, and I got bitten by a red ant for the first time - after all these years of laughing at other people's fear of ants. Ahaha.
That doesn't make me any more afraid, though.



The cherry on top was catching sight of this holycowbig spider, spinning its web high in the trees.



That's...
pretty far away from us short people. XP


In conjuction with Good Friday, my church screened a movie entitled
Fireproof, at night.
It was nearly faultless; with a cleverly written script, and dialogue not too contrived nor too plain. Upon the rolling of credits, I'd concluded that it had been even better than most commercial movies shown in cinemas.
Therefore, going for tonight's movie - Facing The Giants - is a given.


No comments:

Post a Comment