Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Road Trip


Amidst these fickle days where the masses have one by one succumbed to the mysterious pull of the bulky DSLR, I must've been a fool to think I could've escaped none the wiser. As in, I'd been looking forward to never having to learn how to wield one.
Just another odd notion of mine.


However, it was practically forced into my hands yesterday at work.
Dare ye trust the Kumon instructor with the Nikon? =P

I'd unwittingly accepted my boss' offer to snap candid mugshots of all the students, thinking she'd hand me an ordinary compact camera. Next thing I knew, I was half-reluctantly putting the Nikon's strap around my neck, as one would arrange a noose around one's neck.

Three hours of bending, kneeling and half-squatting later...
I did not deign to see the absolute fun in this. Do you know how hard it is to get some kids to look you in the lens?? The moment you appear within their field of vision, down goes their head; as though they've suddenly decided to resize their writing to compete with the dots on the division sign.

Hehe, did manage to get some nice facial expressions though. Don't exactly know what the boss wants them for.

What made my day...
My soulmate dropped by at work! Aaaaand she's passed her driving test! That meanssss we can go out soon!!
Amen, I felt so glad for her 'cause I still remember how devastated she was the first (and only) time she failed her practical - and that was on SPM result day.



_________________________________________________



Mosquitoes like to bite me around the eyelids, for some strange reason.



Today's temporary double eyelid stayed the longest in the history of my life; nearly 20 minutes!



This morning I got up at 7 to follow Najjua's mom to work at Institut Jantung Negara. The plan was for me to drive back 'cause Naj hasn't gotten her licence yet and is just learning the way. She's gonna send her mom to work everyday soon. =)

'The plan' got a little more longwinded when her sister took the wheel at IJN and drove all the way to University Islam Antarabangsa, where she was to sit for her exam. Prior to this, I had no inkling how far UIA was. Now I know it's far enough for me to get carsick, lol.
And then she left us. And me with the wheel, on a route I'd never laid eyes on before.
Not the wisest decision, methinks.


So we set off from UIA, two girls fresh out of high school, cruising round in a bigass Hyundai family car. We got lost without a map; I saw us passing by Selayang, Batu Caves and goodness knows where else - 'cause I certainly don't.
This is why the element of surprise is important; it makes us do things we'd otherwise never plan to do. I know I wouldn't ever plan to drive far without a freaking map.

We made a few detours and found our bearings in the end. And after driving nonstop for over an hour, I was just so tired. Didn't even want to bother with lunch, but I had to get up and eat a little for work. Ahaha.

Ever since last year, Naj and I had talked and dreamed about going on our own food tour, and a road trip... This is just the beginning. XD




I don't need you to write my happy ending.
'Cause I already am a writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment