Sunday, April 19, 2009

Every Man Has A Line He Draws For Himself


You know how chicken soup is reputed to be comfort to an ill person? Well, apparently it can't be all that good, 'cause I finished a whole can of Campbell's on Wednesday night - all on my own. Added with a couple of J.Co's the next morning (chocolate and mocha), it set me up for a steadily worsening sore throat. On Thursday night I lost sleep due to a majorly swollen throat. I fought with all the artillery I had - watermelon skin powder, Breacol, Strepsils, warm drinks, watermelon skin lozenges... The sore throat receded.

And it got replaced by a flu instead. It feels like I've been holding this off for weeks, staving off illness with a foot-long pole. But I can be grateful as this period has given me a much needed 10-hour sleep, and 8 hours for last night. I've been skimping so much, it's no wonder I went down.

This past day, I've been suspiciously waiting for a fever to continue the parade. But thank God, there's none. And I don't think there will be, if I sleep well again.


__________________________________________________


The afternoon before that disastrous can of Campbell soup, I finally got to catch Confessions of A Shopaholic! NyekNyek. It had some degree of unpredictability which made it a very watchable film, something I could see again... and even again! Highly entertaining; Isla Fisher carried the role superbly, making me want to laugh and cry, one after the other. This flick was touching, comic and poignant to all shopaholics - anyone who has ever dreamt of owning a DOZEN 'magic' cards. XD

And at work... I noticed a big-eyed, curly haired girl handing in her worksheet. A glance at her first page revealed her name to be Fairuz. I did a double take. Fairuz sounds very much male to me; nothing that would suit an adorable she-child with Barbie lashes. Naming your little princess Fairuz is, to me, like choosing to name your daughter Tom. Which would be short for Thombelina, probably. Or worse, like meeting a grown guy in business; and when you look at his name card, it says Sally. Jaf knows of someone like that. *Shudders*


No comments:

Post a Comment