Monday, April 6, 2009

Recoil.


Another M.U. jersey, red.



So hooked on him.



This is what we get paid to do.

Neh, I'm kidding. Jaf was just doing what I really wanted to, towards the end of a tiring day. But I was busy marking more papers.

Anyway, we have been trusted with additional duties, making us official teachers. Kids actually come up and start "Cikgu"-ing me!
Erk? XD



Our daily materials.
You can show up at work with absolutely nothing on you, like Jaf; who doesn't get thirsty, hungry or sweaty during the eight hours of work. Meaning he buys water from the cafeteria when he feels like it, steals snacks from us, and is perfectly normal because it's so cold there that no one sweats.



We're obliged to write our initials on marked worksheets, so that the boss can give us a sounding if we slip up. Okay, not so much as a reprimand; just a friendly warning. Our boss treats us really well. =D
I was never comfortable with how my initials look exactly like those of a certain abhorred local program...


Discovered another perk of my job!

Infobyte : Kumon also teaches English. There is a little library of books at the front for students to utilise.

And I bashfully asked if I, too, might borrow books home.

Y-E-S!



My very first pick : The Velveteen Rabbit, a picture book.
*Clutching my new pepper spray, lol. Haven't had the opportunity to use it yet!*



The right choice, definitely. I love the art on its pages.
Rich colours on display here.



The setting of a nursery, with the Rabbit sitting fat and bunchy.



Smiling, fat AND bunchy!
=>



Soft and brilliant colours at the same time.
My second favourite picture.



A novel trumpet bubble-blower.



Bubble closeup.



Fat&Bunchy surrounded by real live rabbits.



Roll up your newspaper and have a go at the dragonfly. XD



Hugabun.



In this picture, I like the oil lamp.



The magic of fairies.
All that sparkle makes me stop and stare.



Absolutely radiant.



My favourite scene of them all. =)


Intermission :
Good news is, I now only work Friday mornings. That is, in addition to the usual four afternoons.
And my part time maid shall come six days a week, effective today.
Once I train her to do some stuff that I do, sleeping in will be in order.
Wooot!




Yann went grocery shopping with me, after my work and dinner.
We probably got served the last ice-creams of the night, all so melted already.
That's me holding a boysenberry single scoop. Made myself order something other than chocolate!

Uhm, we concluded that gelato is much TASTIER and better value for money compared to Baskin Robbins.
I've always favoured gelato over ordinary ice-cream anyway, ever since I discovered it many years back.



*NyekNyek*
I couldn't freaking stop my ice-cream from dripping in time. We were laughing too hard, I don't know at what. Probably an innocent passerby. Or my ridiculous expressions in response her super blur statements.


_______________________________________________



Weekends like the one that has just passed are quite unlikeable, to me. Juggling numerous responsibilities between home and church, I felt like a clown struggling to keep up the charade with his fast-moving pins.

Saturday, I sang backup in Youth service for the first time. And it wasn't so bad; don't think my voice cracked or anything.
Youth ended past 5 and therefore music practice (for Sunday) began late as well.
Which translates into : Practice ended late, about 7.20.

And I had a committee meeting at 8. Fantastic lah.
The initial time of meeting was 7! But a mate of mine pulled a few strings, and I was happy with 8 o'clock.

I allowed myself 45 minutes to prepare dinner at home, eat and bathe. Then I hurried back to church to find the other committee members still eating.
Sometimes I wish I didn't have to want to be punctual.

The meeting lasted 'til 11pm and then I sent a couple of mates home.
Reached my own home close to midnight and was obliged to get up early to play keyboard the next morning.
I didn't really know how to play two songs out of five.

On top of that, I just wanted to sleep. Oh sleep.



Today was the first time I went to work in rainy weather. Walked from my usual parking spot armed with an umbrella.
Then, the lift just had to be out of service. So I climbed four storeys up to Kumon. And Jaf wanted to scare me on the first floor but I saw him BEGINNING to run away to hide. That was funny. XD
I felt rather dull and tired until the later part of the afternoon, when Dylan entered. He brought back the sparkle in my day; I began to laugh more.
Hmm.
I wonder if Jaf secretly judges my happiness level each day, by the amount of laughter I emit. O.o
That would be rather accurate, though. =P


Jaf and Aida walked me to my car after work; it was time for lame jokes.
If they're lame enough, they might just remain in my memory long enough for me to make my grandchildren wince at their lameness.
Fortunately I'm still waiting for such a joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment