Thursday, April 15, 2010

So This is What it Means, to Have Your Heart on Paper...



Sunday
Led Jaf all the way to Sunway Pyramid to watch Alice in Wonderland 'cause it wasn't showing anywhere else anymore. But the ticket still cost 12 bucks! Suspect. - -
Found the world within the movie fairly fascinating, especially since I never finished reading the books. Ended the Day Off with my first foot reflexology massage, in an Uptown outlet with pleasant lighting and pretty curtains.



Monday
LAN project photoshoot in the library. Of all places, you may think. Unless you've seen our library, then you pretty much may abolish that thought.



Douglas and Yang Kang in a broil.



The kiss and make up.



Slid one shoe off 'cause afraid of getting told off by librarian, haha.
Was actually surprised no one chased us away for climbing onto the table.



Mm hmm.



Carmen's solo shot for credits.



Mine; for once my nose looks remotely sharp.



It's a LAN project; so yeah, 1Malaysia.



'B'ecause I'm caught between the reasons not to, and the maybe's of what could be.


Stepped into ECA office, had trouble extricating myself from it,
scooted off to Midvalley for more hanging out! Before that we'd taken lunch at a yummeh Korean place in Desa Sri Hartamas - another one of my enjoyable walk-in attempts.

We were late for collection of tix. Parked at my least fav lot (Zone G) and dashed for the counters.
Carmen and I bought a new set at the reservation counter, then started looking for Hong Onn and YK. I was just saying, "Hope they haven't bought another set on their own...", when Carmen twisted her head to check the regular counters. And spotted the very pair.
What ensued was like a scene out of a TV drama, with Carmen yelling their names and myself doing the inevitable "StOPpPpPp!!!" while sprinting past stunned onlookers. Drama sial.

Well, The Lovely Bones was worth the chaos. Heavy stuff. It had amazing writers who made us smile,
laugh,
cry,
clutch out companions in suspense,
and tear up again
before another lighthearted twist.
All happened seamlessly. More of a thriller and less of the weepy-story I'd thought it would be. The graphics in 'heaven' were quite attractive, but the movie could've avoided being draggy by cutting down on 'heaven' and flashback time.



Wednesday
Do you believe in love at first sip?
Until this day, I didn't.

But Bobalicious Smoothies took me by the heartstrings and looks to be master for a long time to come.
Their product fuses smoothies and bubble tea pearls - two of my favourite things on earth.
What's more, their smoothie is of the right slushy consistency (as all true smoothies should be) and their boba (that's what the pearls are made of) is chewy in the swellest degree, unlike those ripoff pearls which end up mushy and sticking to your teeth.


HellooOo sexayy.




Thursday
Met with the Austrian dance master who'll - God willing - be conducting our Ballroom Course; Reinhard Polt.

He towered over us, even our own Ms. Cheryl in heels. Had genial manners and a thick accent which was fortunately easier to understand in real life than over the phone. According to what I learnt on TV last time, this is because we subconsciously read people's lips when meeting them in person. Obviously, this is impossible on the phone.



His taxi took some time to find the college from Bangsar station, so we waited at the reception lounge. And that's where a very rewarding moment took place for me.

Mr. Rahul was approaching, I looked up to greet him, but it was snatched out of my mouth when he paused and said:

"Good proposal."

It was just one of those moments which tell you, heart and soul, that your effort has paid off and your fears unfounded.

I'd toiled for hours tailoring that proposal in the wee hours of a March night,
looking up and comparing formats,
fleshing out a skeleton of points,
reading and rereading,
pruning paragraphs,
and most of all - writing with my heart.
Truly had no clue how 'formal' the formal proposal had to be; was expecting to get corrected by any one of the higher authorities for letting emotion seep through my writing, but I kept the 'emotional' lines which embodied my sentiments whole.

And there we have it, the proposal for the mirror that's gonna be here for the next dozen generations of dancers. Even though I may never train for competition in front of it... This has been my vision for the Club this year. And next year I want them to take it further; use this mirror well and do something we couldn't before it came.
Turn it into the heart and home of all our dancers.



Now the stress is focused on the upcoming ballroom course - can we find enough people in time?
I really, really want to learn and go to Vienna for the real ball. Or at least just learn for the love of dancing.

Being here has taught me so much. I thank God for placing me in this role though I'd once tried to slip out of it. And a few times after, I'd questioned my will to continue in this position.
My head declared I couldn't take it; my heart said stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment