Thursday, April 8, 2010

Growing Like A Bamboo Shoot



Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should live their lives, but none about his or her own.

-The Alchemist-


Finally, I'm reading it! After years and months of putting it off. Yesterday I decided to treat myself to taking this hotcake home - to celebrate the end of AS trials. And before that, a group of us popped down to Pavilion for How to Train Your Dragon which - awww darnit - had some pretty cute dragons featured. Storyline was typical of a son-railing-against-father's-expectations tale, but the fanciful life of dragons - their characteristics, behaviour - engaged the audience well enough to compensate.



The boys cramming in for aircond while waiting for Vinna to change her outfit and pick us up.

Faces from left to right are of Aaron, Abhinav and Yohan.
Imran, Hari and Douglas are somewhere behind them. X)



Hmmm I think this was Aaron on Douggie.


Came back in time for another fruitful meeting with my organising committee for the Club's soon-to-be charity concert. I love how these occasions end up teaching me so much - in fact, my only vexation is how long everyone takes to show up. Precious time is lost!
Interviewing the committee members one by one allowed me to see from an employer's point of view; began to suss out the necessity of the questions which often make the interviewee squirm in their seat.
Interesting, really.


Strange-woman-who-smiles-at-me (how Red Indian is my vocab these days) seems to have joined the ranks of the remarkable people I've met in college; most of whom seem to be meant for a pitifully short term at TCSH.
These who have impacted me on a personal level include Ms. Thinking Skills (from scarily brilliant to respectfully human), Mr. Lee (the funniest, most candid Math lecturer) and - never forgotten - Ms. Ratnes (the best teacher I've ever had). I hate how the last three are all going, going, gone. At least we still have the powerhouse Ms. Anne for Lit!
Here's something I realise they have in common: all are highly experienced in their field, and that's what garnered my initial respect. But all also have personalities and attitudes which stand to firmly prop up their intellectual prowess - no wishy washy giggling here.


No comments:

Post a Comment