Friday, July 3, 2009

So Call The Bees



*SPLAT!*


So ended the fate of my 6-ringgit scoop of classic dark chocolate ice-cream. My first long-desired taste of Dessert's Bar. As I stood gaping at the blob - still whole, untouched - I wondered fuzzily whether to worry first about
my clothes being stained with chocolate,
or that I'd just wasted 6 bucks,
or that I'd been abnormally klutzy and thus disgraced myself.



Then I realised - in this order - that :

i) My Miss Selfridge flares and white cardigan were still in pristine condition; I must've dropped the ice-cream rather some distance away from my body. (Which is weird 'cause normally people would spill things onto themselves.)

ii) I hadn't even taken a tiny scoop of that mess on the floor.

iii) An internal debate was taking place in my mind - to try my luck and ask for a replacement, or not to.



Next thing I knew, the guy who'd manned the Dessert's Bar counter was stooping to pick up my fallen ice-cream with a serviette. A flicker of hope appeared in me. It was rewarded by a brand new serving - free of charge - not a minute later. Really kind of him!
This time my girlfriends insisted on staying at the Bar instead of walking back to campus. > <
On that same day, I dropped my Economics textbook and... myself.
Ahah, it was at a step I didn't notice! O.o



That was Day Three of college. Orientation is counted as Zero (in my head), because there were no classes. But if you'd rather I start at the beginning, I can tell you that Orientation (Monday) wasn't that great. Much less pleasant than I'd expected it to be, 'cause people already knew people (e.g. Koreans stuck to each other and so did old schoolmates). Half the lot are international students and I'm definitely the only TTDI-an to be in this June intake. Everyone else went in January. =P

I lamented a little but told myself it should only get better from there. And it actually did, hahah. Each day that followed was better than the last! My lecturers are mostly capable and engaging, my classmates - for the most part - open and bond-able. I mean, I ended up in a sort of impromptu Shopaholics Annonymous meeting yesterday! And went shopping with the 'members' after classes today! Hopped into Vinna's ride with Carmen next to me in the backseat. Carmen wasn't part of Shopaholics Annonymous but we wanted her to come, too. In the passenger seat was Fei San, a rather serious case.

We were hunting for yukatas, light summer kimonos to wear to Bon Odori, but only found ordinary kimonos for rent. The beautiful silk ones in Times Square were just... priced to match, shall we say? *Sigh* Oh well, we nearly managed to do one floor, 'til it was time to leave - and without my Krispey Kremes! We'll have a next time, oh yes. =)



Lunch is an informal agreement between 8 of us to try somewhere different everyday. As much as I dislike mamak, I voted that we eat there because of how happy Louis looked to hear it. Ahaha. That dude brought RM100 to the mamak to buy teh o' ais. Lol lah.
Sussing out others' eating habits and quirks interest me. I won't state them here, but I appreciate learning these little details; people are colourful, but details give them shade and therefore a deeper kind of beauty.


The brilliant people doing the International Baccaulaureate are entering next week, apparently. Oh, I haven't mentioned, but I've gotten a locker! Yes, we neglected students from most government schools never got to use - let alone own - lockers. So now I shall utilise mine with retarded satisfaction. XD The only disadvantage is still having to cradle books anyway, because I need them for the next two or three classes (in a row) and don't have a suitable bag to carry them in. Bleh. Another downside is I don't like having my friends wait while I walk to and from my locker. Especially as it makes me late for lunch with them. =(
Me being a slow eater should basically tell you why I feel somewhat guilty.


Aye, the strict dress code freaked me out at first but I never dress vulgar or near there anyway, do I? In the next week or so I'll start being bombarded by projects and assignments galore. For now it's just been explanations intended to prepare us for the aforesaid regaling.
I still think I can be happy among all that.




Happy like that.
I could do without the double chin, though. XP


2 comments:

  1. you forgot to include your bottle. you drop it in class too the same day. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg my bottle. T.T Thx for remembering, hahahah.

    ReplyDelete