Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blistering Footfalls



YoOohoOooo...


*Bang!*



The brother is back.



With his bona fide French le Tour de France cap,



and his equally authentic Louis Vuitton...


Oh, how I dislike being the one to be barred from shopping now.

NOW, when the sweetest four-letter word is plastered all over the nation.

S-A-L-E!



His suitcase, half as tall as me.



Italian relics.





Mad 2 Max, at Euphoria.



Vinna gave my eyes wingtips and we were so preoccupied with finding the club that we completely neglected to note the parking space.

Result: A painful half hour (at least) scouring the parking lot in biting heels. I was honestly contemplating doing away with my shoes and just going barefoot.
Lesson learnt, weii.



We arrived an hour late but even then, the competition hadn't started.
What could be worse than Malaysian time?
(Note: If u notice eyebags, let it be known that they are a direct result of Cambridge A-levels.)



Then with a generous emission from the smoke machine...




Battle began.



The standing dancer in purple was one to note that night. She practically was the heavyweight in this crew's attempt to win the showdown.



Handstand on a buddy's booteh.



Dynamix.
Their sharp, synchronised moves set them apart immediately.



Made up of all males, and a single female.
She rocked the dancefloor with her versatility; MJ, breaking, popping, gyrating, she got it all.



A beatboxer from Sunway College during intermission.
The thing is, it was a girl!
And a pretty dope one, too. She did Boom Boom Pow, Poker Face, a tribute to MJ and others besides. Many aspiring guy beatboxers were put to shame that night. =P



Performance from one of the judges themselves.
I liked that he did a Taylor Gage! Wickedly leaped right off a platform, backwards.



Ringside.



Attempt at a striking uniform.



Since I don't remember who they are, or where they came from...
It was probably forgettable; sorry to say.



Taylor's had 3 crews competing;
2 from main campus and one from Sri Hartamas.




The Puppets did TSH proud.



The best of the Taylorian crews, that night.



Pulled those out of a suitcase. Neat.



Not-so-common manoeuvre.



The only all-girl crew.



Played the fact up.



Taylor's + Help students.



Not half bad.



The final showdown was between the UTAR crew and Dynamix.

Like I said, UTAR over-relied on their super-agile-freakin-flexi member.
Her body had the suppleness of a yoga practitioner and the strength of a breaker. Formidable combination.
But cranking a solo is no way to win a crew battle.


Dynamix took the crown with a deserving win. Smashing stuff. =D
Not very well worth my 40 bucks, though. I've seen better shows for
free.



So, how's college?

Swell. Quite.


Thinking Skills is threatening to cast a sleeping spell on us with its out-of-our-depth articles,

Psychology is the one blessed subject that never seems to supply any homework,

Economics is going better than I expected it to be (maybe u guys were right, it suits me!),

Maths is something I subconsciously look forward to (I don't realise it 'til I'm inside and thanking God I'm not going to walk out grumbling and cursing like my classmates who chose Law.),



and Literature... gave me a scare today.

Seniors dropped by to say how Lit has practically assimilated into all aspects of their lives.
They relate other subjects to it,
they compare it to the air they breathe.



It was nearly depressing, the maniacal way they expressed it. I tried to imagine myself gushing like them in 10 months' time, and that's when I started to get frightened. Lol.

For the second time, I'm considering dropping Lit. Its status as the most time-consuming subject was confirmed by those seniors this morning. And that I dislike.




Lunch at the place that gets my recommendation in Plaza Damas;
LaYosh.
Western and Japanese fusion.



Go-karting in Shah Alam, last Friday.



Hari, Douglas, Vinna, this blogger, Rahul, Imran.




I drove behind Rahul's driver and only got separated once - and that was due to the traffic at an illegal U-turn.



RM35 for 10 minutes, very reasonable rate!

Soiled my Crocs, though. And when Douglas and Vinna crashed, they withheld their deposit. The damage wasn't even that bad!

(Note to self: I'm never wearing Crocs for go-karting again.)



Imran and I.
Another gentleman. =)



Front to back:
Vinna, I, Rahul, Hari, Douglas, Imran.



After the initial discomfort of the perpetual vibration, I got into the thrill of it. The vibration became a smooth nothing, a part of the speeding me. But my hands hurt so I didn't go for Round 2.
Next time, I will!



I conclude with three words :



Must. Go. Shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment