Sunday, May 10, 2009

Stuckened


Revisited Taylor's at Sri Hartamas on Wednesday, just to pick up the June intake subject combinations for A-levels. Of course, I spoke to a counselor as well, and was disappointed to find that any which way, it was not possible to take both Psychology and Law. Such is the arrangement of subject combos. =(
And to my distaste, Economics was in every single combo. Gahh. It happens to be the one sub I really consider not signing up for.

The dilemma can be said to have three components :

>>>> Location.
A toss between Help and Taylor's. Help is a reasonably short distance from home, but Taylor's (Sri Hartamas campus) trumps it in terms of convenience, despite guzzling toll money and parking fees.
Taking Psychology as a sub would make Taylor's my absolute choice, as Help does not offer it in A-levels. I've always been fascinated in exploring the thoughts and motives behind a person's actions; this is where I can find more answers to those questions.

>>>> 3 or 4 Subjects?
Oh man. If I answered candidly, it would be 3, of course. Why heap on the workload? But since I'm taking my future seriously... *as I should be*... 4 is obviously the safer choice. Note that I don't say "wiser". Because won't I be able to focus better and therefore excel with one less subject? Ughh.

*After giving the above question some thought*

>>>> Which Subjects?
Mathematics is quite a prerequisite for me, otherwise I wouldn't be able to take Business if I want it next time. So then we move on to the subs which appeal to me, and which I seriously consider taking :
# Psychology (top of the list, as always)
# Literature in English (they say there's lots of reading to be done, but that's what I love!)
and
# Law (Didn't think about it 'til my father mentioned how much he loved it. Since I'm a lot like him, I thought I might like it too. But I don't know much about it, because I've never studied anything like it before. The same goes for plenty of other tertiary level subs.)

And then there is the annoyingly practical option of Accounts, sitting squarely in the table, stolidly saying "Why not take me? I could give you a secure job and you could probably live with me, without being in love with me..." It's almost as bad as choosing which boy you'd want to upgrade to 'boyfriend'.


I'm praying for a sign from God. Seriously.


Anyway, I bumped into plenty of people during my brief visit. First there was Athirah; she was just going for her SAM test with Farah Diyana. Descending on the escalator, I spotted Marsha. And on the ground floor there were Fion, Kah Fai, Hadi and Jia Min. And last of all, I recognised a mate of Lynette's, whose name I'm afraid I'd spell wrong and that's why I'm referring to her in this ultra longwinded manner. XD



Got my hair trimmed on Thursday morning and stepped into work to find my usual place usurped by some old newcomer. A boy one year my senior, who has apparantly worked at Kumon previously, but seems to know less than me. Oh, my list of abilities at work have expanded to :
1. Marking worksheets (was basically hired for this)
2. Listening to recitations of the multiplication tables, stopwatch in hand
3. Guiding students who come up to ask questions
and as of Friday...
4. Preparing specified worksheets for students to do in class
5. Writing down 'teacher stuff' in students' record books.

Cikgu Nicole. > <'



And yesterday, it was breakfast with Amirah at Village Park - very mamak-ish but still not classified as mamak. I got to drive her Hyundai back. =] Extremely light steering, weii.
Then I packed my oven into my car boot and my load of baking equipment in the backseat, and spent 4 hours in church preparing Mother's Day cookies. Supposed to be only 2, but then my great idea of making the packaging more 'festive' created a huge delay. > <' That's me; always wanting to "make things special", according to Jules. Mother's Day was pretty fine this year. There was scrumptious strawberry jelly served after service; it's texture a sort of very watered down Konnyaku type. Superb. I left without eating anything else, to take my mom out for lunch! Feels good to say that. =D We had Swensen's and then I dinner-ed with my father (seems like a huge chunk of my afternoon went missing aight, hahah) after which I laid out my Help and Taylor's papers for what I hoped would be The Talk That Would Decide It All. Only, it wasn't. Which is what prompted this post in the first place. Oh man.

2 comments:

  1. I say forget Taylor's or HELP and come join us at KDU college, for the simple reason that the lecturers here are soooo much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, but how would u know to compare the lecturers? U've only sat in KDU lectures prior to this.

    Oh and I saw u jogging past again while I had my party. In ur yellow T-shirt. *Nowplsdon'tguesswheremyhouseis*

    ReplyDelete