Sunday, May 17, 2009

Eight + Ten = Me


Holy cow. About the photography contest I entered for Yann, over 200 entries have been eliminated over 4 rounds; barely 200 are left, leaving another 4 rounds of nail-biting anxiety to go. But hey, we've made it this far to the half-mark; perhaps we'll see ourselves at the very last stage where voting is open to the public! =D

And now, for the highlight of the week... my birthday. =)

As far as loved ones go, I got to share bits of that special day with them all. I was majorly disappointed when Najjua confirmed her absence at my party, but made up by blowing balloons for me - albeit at her own crib.


*Note to readers : I do KNOW how to blow balloons. But I just can't tie 'em.*
Drove home with the backseat packed with balloons and in case you're wondering;
Yes, at least one of them exploded while I was inside. @.@
*P.s. No, my balloons didn't look as gorgeous as above; they weren't filled with helium... though I wish they were!*


Throwing the party was quite a hasty affair, but we ex-SMKTTDIans needed a reunion; so why not now?

It saw me scurrying around on my off day (Wed, 13th)
buying last minute supplies,
lugging 10kg of ice from 7-Eleven to my car in the friggin' faraway parking lot under a blazing sun,
and I nearly - God forbid - forgot to order my own birthday cake.

This is what comes of having to undertake such a project with no family for assistance. My part-time maid stayed overnight and took a load off my hands by cleaning up, though.



To add to the flurry, I was determined to bake a batch of brownies to serve up that night.
And I did it in record time.

This was the first time I didn't taste the results, as they disappeared steadily in two's and three's.
Good enough for sale?
Guess I'll just have to take their word for it. =P



Two ice-breakers were played; both of my own concoction.



JuLaLa . Nikki . 'nett

What we represent :
The lala . Intellectual dreamers . Everything short and sweet



Sean, Sanoj, Resh, Jaf, me, 'tej and Su.
Maybe... just maybe,
I've never felt so short in my life.

Thanks a lot, guys. XD



TTDI girls with my cake, the Mocha Royal.
Err, I think Kok Loong's hand was shaking. Lol.



Private take for Yann 'cause she didn't join the call for either Guys or Girls.
IT's a SHE, okay!? XD



We lost touch along the way,
And where we'll go, it's hard to say;
But right here in this moment...
We look so undivided.



A love that started when we were 9.



My much-anticipated midnight cake.
Finally, I get to blow a candle at the stroke of midnight greeting May 14th!
A little pet dream of mine, come true.



My mom and I.



Ashley and Kok Loong.
But if you ever meet him, I'd intro him as Daniel. It's easier that way, hahah.



Was choosing my wish rather carefully.
*Must think first wan*



And there we go.

Turned eighteen,
once again as the only birthday girl without a speck of makeup on her face.
Completely slipped my mind; but why not revel in radiant youth, and all its minor flaws and imperfections?



I know I'm learning every day, and this appreciation grows with time.

I know there are people out there I'm destined to meet, God-willing; to impact and be impacted in turn.

I know, too, that I'm loved.

Even though - sometimes - I forget it.



Xoxo <3>

2 comments:

  1. You had a party and didn't invite me? Boo.:P I don't recall seeing a party anywhere or hearing any noise...or maybe that's because i was having my headphones on or concentrating on my run...but anyway happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! *Phew* U'll never guess where I live if u carry on that way. NyekNyek. U didn't invite me to Ben's party either; though it was pretty darn nice of u to throw one for him.

    And thanks. =>

    ReplyDelete