Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Of Fire and Soul



What does it mean to dream of the elements, and of fire being mine?


For some mysterious reason, some of my best quotes come when I'm sitting on the toilet bowl. Just when my phone is well out of reach and I am conveniently immobilised.

Dancing gave me a literal pain in the butt today. But I've finally found what I've been looking for, and it's an uplifting sensation. Drove home as one in a dream. The movements, weight shifts and flow that come most natural to me, have always escaped definition - until now.
I've tried ballet, hip hop, popping, locking, ballroom, latin; none have felt native or answered my soul's calling the way modern dance does. When I did hip hop, they said my style was
"too graceful". When I tasted ballet, it was bitter enough to toss the spoon into the bin so I'd never have to take another scoop, so to speak.



Been remarkably busy these past months. But I'm coming back with a bang, ready to share a precious piece. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment