Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Around The Corner


Elsewhere, the night air would be sweet.
Here, it is too, but only because it is scentless. Void of power to move me through the sense most evocative of memories.
Tonight I escape the captivity of scents which accompany stale textbooks, new paper, perfumed cards, corroding metal; no smell of black ink, oversized jackets, rose shampoos and apricot scrubs.


Some part of me wonders at my approval of this emptiness; why does it not alarm? why not overwhelm like the sense of loss it could represent?,
I think as I breathe in the clean scent of a hope without you.





After all that's happened, I'm living with the people in my mind - once again faceless, nameless; figures waiting to be brought to life, just like what happened
that day around the corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment