Sunday, August 22, 2010

Scaling Glass Walls


Girl, why're you crying here?
The signs stop making sense
and you can't tell why the sudden
hurt so thick, can't see the road
for lights of streaks, every time
you blink.
Why're you driving in the fast lane?
when all you want is to go slow, and
go back where you belong.

Never peeled your own potatoes
Never had to scale glass walls
Never had so little to say while
trying to look happy.
Never thought of how, weblike, the
traffic lights could glare trapped
between your lashes.

But I will - always - carry your tea mug
behind, no matter how many times I
drive in the fast lane
without knowing why


fell out love's cradle;
I was never meant to be a baby,
always always I had to grow up
before my time

with the exception of life's sweetest days,
scores and hundreds of them
strung together in your presence. Then I tripped at the knot.

Dropped my keys - did not pick them up;
did not stop did not care did not look
until I'd reached blank sheet.

You see without looking,
hear without listening,
are here without being,
and I feel I'm alone.

So let me be; from the rooftops I'd
wanted to shout it out, now I just need to find my way down

to a safe place.
Where they keep their promises.




Author's note: Written one shot. Unembellished thoughts; merges everything important, or which was important, to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment