Sunday, August 29, 2010

Everywhere Aches


Please, I just need somewhere to cry. To show myself.

Now I know why I get on the fast lane. So I can get home, fast; I keep thinking of how I should be afraid of crashing into another car in this state.
Yes I can soothe your pain, relieve your anger, stand by you and stay up as long as you need me to, my dears. But for a moment tonight I felt I'd been a listening ear, advisor and encourager; now who was going to be mine?
With wide open eyes I listened to my girl sobs as my hands steadied the wheel.

Suddenly I felt so afraid. It never occurred to me to.
I feel so tired. Everywhere aches. But there is no pillow for my heart, no shoulder for my head and I can't rest my body. I must go on. There will always be trouble at inopportune times such as these, but I have two essay papers tomorrow and I must go on.



No comments:

Post a Comment