Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ditto



Puke. Sprayed on the ends of my hair, on the tips of my toes. Mostly, on the great expanse of floor before me as I sought to check the next wave of nausea. Floor was carpeted - bad.

Only seconds before that, I was tottering faintly to the public restroom, uncertain if I'd reach in time to beat the rising queasiness in me. I felt a wave of horror as my mouth filled - but still I refused to unclasp my lips. Then a bigger torrent pushed it out; there was nothing I could do.

The washroom was down the corridor... after a right turn... which was after a left turn...
and ohmygoshHereItComesAgain; I heaved, splattering a second part of public flooring with vegetable soup and barley - I thought those were safe to consume, after having thrown up already not an hour before.

I can only wish my puke looked as pretty as this.


The cleaners glared at me. I crouched by a wastebasket, the vessel closest to me, as I gagged again. Finally I found myself at the toilet sink. And noticed I had red carrot bits up my nose.




When I'd washed away the mess, I gratefully dismissed the waitress who'd supported me all the way from the cafe I was patronising. Collected myself, and stepped out. Past the one particular cleaner who was still glaring at me. Back to Yang Kang who had settled the bill at the cafe.
Whottaguy.
But he's taken, soshutyourtraps. =P

I pulled out a couple of notes each for the two cleaners, and went back to apologise for wreckage I'd committed. Surprisingly, the glaring one took the most persuading, but I held my ground. I guess sometimes the fiercest ones are those with the hardest principles, and that's why they judge so harshly.




Was actually planning to stay back for my friends' MUN exhibition, and to see Hong Onn's solo performance - MUN called her just the night before, in a state of panic. But after throwing up twice in the space of an hour, I wasn't up to it. In fact, I was too weak to even carry out the books from my car when I got home.
I just... slept.


Friggin' three-day-old tuna. I won't make that mistake again, trust me. Have never vomited or slept continuously for so long, in years.


No comments:

Post a Comment