Friday, November 20, 2009

Carpe Diem



The days are turning fruitful; I like it this way. It irks me to be in contact with people who are listless, aimless and just, in every way, indolent. The very word to describe them eludes me.
Perhaps it's not so much of the lazy attitude which nettles; it is more of the nothingness of what is done, the insipidness of their existence day in and day out. And the fact that they choose to display it before me, as though expecting me to fill up that void. It seems a rather pointless pattern to me.

Time is the wildest being; none can bend it to suit one's leisure, the same way none can stretch it to buffer one's stress. Take, for instance, a student cramming facts into her head the night before a test, only to admit defeat and crawl into bed not half prepared. Picture the same student, twelve hours later, cramming in both facts and roti pisang. Odd combo, yes. I may be known for disliking the mamak, but dayym, roti pisang sure tastes good.


Several hours after found me at Vary Pasta opposite my father, chattering away while personally wondering why I had to keep tugging my fork out of my food. I was in my first real pair of pumps, golden Venician earrings, and feeling lighthearted enough to have dessert ordered before I'd swallowed my last mouthful of Hungarian sausage - if you think about it, it actually means I made the order without speaking a single word to the waiter.
Go figure. *Winces because those two words are way overused.*







Semester finals are in 10 days' time.

There is so much to know, and so little time to know them all.









P.s. The first photo was snapped by my brother, while in Switzerland.


No comments:

Post a Comment