Saturday, March 13, 2010

February



12th to 17th

Family vacation (mother's side) in Gold Coast, Australia. More precisely, on the Sovereign Islands just off Gold Coast. Not enough interesting eating done, I thought. But it was a rare occasion on which I enjoyed Thai food, since it was watered down for non-Asian taste. Did all my shopping on the second last day; never have I put all my shopping skills to such good use before - or been forced to!

It was actually stressful, but I knew that if I paced myself and moved fast, I could pull this off. Spending every dollar was the challenge - don't deny every thing that seems whimsical; don't purchase every thing that seems indispensable. I had to stretchhhh my dollars to last 'til the last souvenir, but at the same time accomodate the trinkets that came before I found it.
Champion purchase? Beautiful hardcover notebooks that I'll only use for something as important as my wedding week. XP And I found good dance pants there for RM21!! *Dies of joy*



20th
Movie night with Sean and Jaf:
Legion first. Rather creepy but at the same time its creepiness seemed generic. Monstrous beings scuttling along the ceiling, sinister music spelling out fatal mistake, and self-blame for another's death. But Paul Bethany was interesting to watch; there's something about his mouth which draws the eye.
Then Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief was a major disappointment. Waste of time, even. Well I don't think the other Greek mythology flick of the year (Clash of the Titans) will turn out this bad. =) It's about time; I've liked Greek mythology for years.
Left MV for Yann's CNY open house. Mandarins are somewhat addictive. *So are ang pau's* XP



Mostly this year I've been busy running the Dance Club. Sometimes I want to cut myself some slack and just do my collegework. Wanna stop the downward slide I'm been experiencing in classes this sem.. But I can't. I've committed myself to my role, and though I've never imagined holding this position, I know in my heart I'd rather be a Nobody in Dance Club than a Somebody on the Student Council. 'Cause this is where I want to be. I want to learn, and being President has taught me so much already. First of all, that it really is about serving my members. It's about doing the things others won't, like staying back and staying up and calling left right centre.

Perhaps I'll continue another day. It's been a tiring one, with house chores all morning and music practice all evening and waking up early for keyboard duty tomorrow. Where does collegework fit in? When does the Scholar get to breath from under the DutifulDaughter, the ChurchGoer, and the ClubPresident?

My focus needs airing.


Trials are two weeks away, and the Scholar needs air to breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment