Friday, January 8, 2010

Mind-messing Business



There's something I didn't include in the previous post. It was my last dream of 2009...

which was really queer because I'd never experienced anything like it before.


1st January 2010


Last night I dreamt I died. Shot point-blank. It was either Gio or me; I remember being glad to see her alive, and getting used to being dead, just looking at the people around (or slightly below) me... I still felt fear when something bad was about to happen, but no longer in the mortal way.


Without realising it, I left Dreamland. Felt disoriented waking up in my body, that I actually had a body. For just a few moments ago, I'd been an insubstantial soul...





Back from a three-day stay at my father's! The activity never ceases; time and time again people have called me a "busy woman" but at least I'm happy to be kept occupied, instead of rotting away. There is always something to be done, the way I see it. Maybe that's why God has seen to it that I have someplace to take a break at; like my own little holiday villa. Lol.

On Tuesday night we went out for groceries. Thought we were going to the usual smaller Giant, but my father turned into the gigantum one that I've often wanted to visit. You know, just to take a look around.
I expressed my secret joy and he gave one of his little snorts and said,

"You don't have to wish, just
say."

^ ^ How I love to be his girl.



Set my eyes in QuickScan mode 'cause I knew I couldn't drag two grown men (my uncle was there too) in tow for window shopping. This place was nicer to explore than Tesco! (Talkin' in terms of little stores.)

Well we entered Giant itself soon enough and I walked through aisles and aisles of detergent, cereal, brooms, steel pans... until we reached the confectionary section. Then my brain cried out "FoOOOD!"

Now my kitchen cabinet is decently stocked with biscuits and such.
*!!*
Oops, I left my KitKat ice-cream at my father's. =/



Another delightful buy was... WHITE BREAD. The last loaf of Gardenia, to be exact. Wonder why High5 was still in abundance. Anyway, WHITE BREAD is a rare commodity in my TTDI house. Which explains my jakunity. And c'mon, nobody eats pork floss on wholemeal. I've tried, and it's total sewage.


Wednesday, went to catch a movie with Yann. I think I'm a jinx for movies or something, 'cause we ...missed the starting of The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. Rushed in from the Curve, newly bought calendar in hand. Sweet, beatiful desk calendar I can use year in and year out. Muax. (Ew, first time posting that.)

Heath Ledger's last project was worth the rush and my excitement. I found the movie very thought-provoking, especially since I couldn't figure out all that symbolism in one go. Gotta sit down with it some other time and digest it. Not free for that until 20th Nov 2010. =(

Visuals-wise, I relished the style it was done in. The colours were rich and saturated, but there was also a lot of darkness - shot the way it was, the filth felt real but glamorous. Very absorbing.
Then there were the out-of-this-world imaginations where even sparklier colours were used. The shoe dream was ridiculous, and the stilt-walking segment even more so. Both tickled me.

With so many big names in it, I was somewhat confused with who's-who. But now I know that 4 of those names were playing one character. Johnny Depp was unmistakable, though. He had those distinct cheek hollows showing and reminded one so much of Jack Sparrow. =)





One Phone Call Later...

Now is not the right time to tell me I've been spending too much. Now, when I want to watch Men in Tutus so badly.


Train of logic right now:
I'm returning to college in 5 days' time. There is an avalanche of studying and club matters waiting to be taken care of then. I probably won't set foot in a mall for the next 5 months save for its supermarket. I will, in short, turn into a nerd and bound and gag my shopaholic persona.


Is my expenditure justified now? Men in Tutus... the critically-acclaimed, one-of-a-kind... and my first ballet at a theatre.

='(

How can it not be justified?


No comments:

Post a Comment