Friday, October 30, 2009

To My Sister, With Love





In a state between dispassion and wretchedness; feeling undeserving of my fortuitous standing in life and yet, selfishly gratified.

How do we stand so far across the chasm of fortune, but hold so close to our heart the belief of sisterhood?


I have never used my posts to directly speak to a particular individual; today I'm breaking that record.


When it comes to siblings, most people know I have only one older brother. This is for the sister I never had, but whom I found in the early years of sweet girlhood.





Gio, I know it's horrible - the station you have in life now. I know, also, that I cannot fully comprehend the horrible-ness of it all - I am sorry.



Perhaps you can relate to the picture above; like all the world is overcast with strife and never-ending hardship. Like the spotlight is hovering over your household, just waiting to see when you'll give up and break down.

Please don't.

You're a good and beautiful spirit, only encased in dire circumstances. You're my loving and patient sister and you don't deserve this, but we both know that God sends trials to build us up. Remember Job.
You can do this. You can be strong, and work well, and reach for God's hand to hold yourself afloat, and out of these deep waters.



Don't press yourself into a corner and cry. And cry. Remember last, last week; you were doing so well? You can reach that place again. Just stay strong.


Sis, just bring it to me.
Don't let it eat you up 'cause you're too good-tasty-delicious-wonderful-and-valuable for that. And speaking of eating...






Nyehhehehh...
Just keep to your regular meals even though you don't feel like there's anything u wanna eat, okay? I'd still love you if you became a bag of bones, but... to me, you're just fine as you are now!
^ ^



Yours,
~Nic~


4 comments:

  1. Nic, thanks very very much for the wonderful post of blog. I'll put this in mind and heart forever. I LOVE YOU TOO VERY VERY MUCH! I'm touched with this great post. Now I understand your true love towards me. I'm actually very glad that you accepted me as who I am. Thank you for that. Just put this in mind that we're unseparatable. Once again, SISTERS FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I don't really get this...
    You said that "Last last week I did very well". In what actually? What did I do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. =)

    Tht was in reference to ur blog post, last last week. The one with RM5 for lunch, etc. Go see if u've forgotten, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha........by the way, when you got time do answer those questions in my blog.

    ReplyDelete